Monday, March 18, 2013

MANNAM Story _ Spinning top

MANNAM



When Light meets Light there is Victory

 

This blog will save my memory with MANNAM.

As one of MANNAM members (MANNAMERs), I will post about my life with MANNAM.

 
 

MANNAM Story – spinning top

 Yesterday, I met my close friend. Because we had some time to talk between schedules, I asked him about the peace. I asked him “what do you think the peace is?” Can you guess the answer? Right, as written in the title, he answered “Peace is like a top”. Of course I asked him why and he explained to me “Not tilting to any direction like spinning top is the peace.” That was a great answer. The top spins when the force is applied to on both sides (or every sides).
 
 Peace is the top. Regarding religion, race or country, all the problems (or conflicts) happen because the top is not spinning but tilting. Because all people pursue their own interests and do not care other’s situation, because all politicians make laws which is good only for them and do not think in other people’s place, because all people think they are the only good race and do not think other people are also equal human, because all people only accept their own values and do not understand other people’s thoughts, all imbalances are made. We have to know and recognize that we are not alone. We live in the world and there are many people in the world. All different people are sharing the world!
 
Few weeks ago, I talked with my friend (same friend) about the tough reality. We talked about the expedient. I said to him ‘I will not employ any expedient. If I follow the tendency of the society (where expedients are prevalent) and adopt expedient, I would be the one who makes other people frustrated about the harsh society.’ I don’t want to be the one who settles for the reality. But my friend said to me, “It is inevitable. Without being selfish, we can not survive. I have to protect myself from others who protect themselves”. He also thinks nobody cares anyone. The reason of existence of expedient is because it is needful. Why? What makes us to employ expedient. It is because people only think about themselves. In society where we live with others, we have to keep the balance. Not tilting to my side, let’s make the spinning top.
 
Then, is there any way to carry out the ‘spinning top’? Of course there is. MANNAM can make the world ‘spinning top’. How? MANNAM do many things like volunteering or holding the peace festival. In this case, volunteering include many things. Volunteering is not just helping others. Volunteering is sacrifice. By reducing my benefits (it can be my time, my money, or something) I can improve another people’s benefits. Push my side and up the other side. Not tilting to my side but make it balanced. I think volunteering is to make parallel. By giving my things to another who needs ‘the things’, we can be equal. It is cool. Without employing any expedient, we can survive, if all people do not employ expedient. I’m really sad when I heard my friend’s opinion. Because other people employ expedient so I do employ the same expedient? Nonsense. It is a selfish thinking. We have to try to stop the irrationality and not to follow.
 
MANNAM is a way to make ‘spinning top’ to me. Actually I can’t do anything for fixing the irrationality of the society. It is so prevailed. The only thing I can do is just not following them. It is very passive. If there is any active way, that must be participating the MANNAM. By attending many volunteering works and many festivals aimed to peace, I can make the top spinning. How about you? If you are the only one and nobody agree with you, come to MANNAM and find the reliable friends here. Thank you!



1 comment: