Wednesday, April 24, 2013

MANNAM STORY _ MIYC, 10km in their shoes, pledge of peace! (1)

MANNAM
When Light meets Light there is Victory




This blog will save my memory with MANNAM.

As one of MANNAM members (MANNAMERs), I will post about my life with MANNAM.




Today's topic: MIYC, Pledge of Peace, 10 km in their shoes (1)


 Last Sunday, I went to Seoul with Gwangju MANNAM members. For what? To participate in the big peace event named 'Pledge of Peace, 10km in their shoes'. This event was hosted by MIYC (MANNAM International Youth Coalition). Many youth groups who are wishing for 'peace' gathered together in Seoul Grand Park and had a meaningful time. Participants were supposed to walk 10 km, but because we are from Gwangju (it takes about 4 hours to go to Seoul from Gwangju ;<) we walked only 3 km. The weather was so good and cherry blossoms were in full bloom. It was really good to walk while thinking the world peace.


 In Seoul Grand Park, there were many many people (foreigners and Korean), and I was happy that it means many people are thinking about the peace. When I heard this event, I doubted that how many people are thinking about the world peace and come to the event? However it turned out that many people are thinking about the world peace and try to do something for the world peace. It made me really really happy.

 Many people think that 'peace' is difficult thing. The friends who went to Seoul with me also thought that 'peace' is a difficult concept. It is because they never thought about the peace before. Same with me, before joining MANNAM, I also thought that world peace is a good but vague thing. (Thanks MANNAM!) For me, I think that this event was really meaningful in making people think about the 'peace' in light concept.




continue to →'10km in their shoes, pledge of peace (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment