Monday, March 25, 2013

About MANNAM _ Korean Class!

MANNAM


When Light meets Light there is Victory

 



This blog will save my memory with MANNAM.

As one of MANNAM members (MANNAMERs), I will post about my life with MANNAM.

 
 
Korean class of MANNAM Gwangju!
 
Today, I want to introduce MANNAM Gwangju Korean class!
 
  What do you think is the most difficult thing for foreigners who live in Korea? You may guess my intention. Most of all, Korean (language) is the hardest one. When we live or travel some countries, language is the biggest obstacle. However, you can’t stop learning language though it is very hard. Why? Because, we live all together in one place. I have to communicate with another people to live, so I need to know how to communicate using languages. Language is like a key. Let’s think about it. Which one do you prefer, foreigner who can’t speak any Korean and only uses English(universal language) or foreigner who tries to speak in Korean (though he/she is not that good at Korean)? Korean is just an example. I think it is applied to every country. I heard that French is very sensitive about using their own language and they are really proud of it. If I travel France and can speak little France, French people would feel more friendly. Like that, learning language is the essential thing to live in any country. So, we MANNAM, almost every MANNAM branch run Korean class.
 
  It is different from branch to branch, in case of MANNAM Gwangju, we run Korean class 3 times a week. Tuesday evening, Thursday morning and Sunday afternoon we run Korea class. We not only teach Korean, but also prepare some exciting programs. Focusing on special day like Lunar New Year’s Day, we plan our culture program. Last month, we made fortune bag and had a time to wear Han-bok (Korean traditional clothes; we usually wear them on Chuseok or Lunar New Year’s Day) and learn how to bow. It was really funny and everyone enjoyed it. I hope Korean class grow up and can teach as many foreign friends who are eager to learn Korean.
 
 
  I think, Korean class is really nice because people can learn not only Korean language but also Korean culture. We Korean teachers (I am also a Korean teacher!) always think about Korean class and pondered about how we can make better Korean class. The reason that I say like this is I want to let people know that we are trying to make better Korean class. It may be same in every MANNAM branch that runs the Korean class. So, please come and learn language and culture!

Welcome to Korean class!

4 comments:

  1. Your photo is sympathique! :) I love this mood :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You catch it!
      I found it from NAVER CAMERA hahaha

      Delete
  2. I think that you seem to be fascinated with Korean culture.
    Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mannam Korean class is recommended

    ReplyDelete