Sunday, March 24, 2013

Trace of MANNAM _ Planting with lovely kids!

MANNAM

When Light meets Light there is Victory





This blog will save my memory with MANNAM.

As one of MANNAM members (MANNAMERs), I will post about my life with MANNAM.

 
 
Have a great time with lovely kids! 
 
I am a member of MANNAM Gwangju. MANNAM Gwangju goes to orphanage every last Saturday of a month. In orphanage, we prepare many programs which kids and foreign friends can enjoy together. Last month, we did some games using newspaper to raise our cooperation and made fortune bags for celebrating the New Year! (It was hard to make fortune bags but we enjoyed :P) I think it is a great opportunity for children to meet foreign teachers and experience multi cultural society. It is also a good opportunity for foreign friends to volunteer in Korea. I heard that they want to do some volunteering works but it is difficult to do by themselves. Of course they can just enjoy the life in Korea, but some of them want to do something worthy in Korea except drinking. (If they start volunteering for the first time in MANNAM, it is our honor!) We plan all programs together and do the programs all together. It is more worthier because we do everything together!
 
 
  Yesterday, (though it was not the last Saturday) we went to orphanage and had a great time. Yesterday’s program was planting! First we made our own pots. Kids and members decorated pots using various colors, stickers and materials. It was really funny. Soon, everyone’s face was colored with colors. After finishing decorating pots, we dried these pots outside. While, we had some croquettes made by Japanese team! It was really delicious and we ate them all in a twinkle. The pots were dried and we planted beautiful flower in the pot.

 <many cute, imaginative pots :P>
 
Can you guess why we prepare this program? Planting flowers? Kids are hopes for us. We can see our future through the kids. Like flower, kids would change if we care them and water them. The thing that we planted yesterday was not just flower; it was our hope for the future. We planted every flower wishing the peaceful future.
 
Whenever I went to orphanage I feel happy. The children really welcome us and I can feel their warm heart. Not only me but also many foreign friends like to go to orphanage. They feel that it is really worth doing. They like watching kids smiling. One of our member said to me that it is the most impressive volunteering works that I’ve done in MANNAM. I think it is because we can feel it directly. The world peace that I want to achieve is making all people happy. Regardless of race, religion and country, all people can be happy. If the peace is realized in this world, I believe lovely kids can live with their family happily. I hope that kind of world. How about you?

2 comments: