Wednesday, March 27, 2013

MANNAM STORY _ Nurungji

MANNAM




When Light meets Light there is Victory


 

This blog will save my memory with MANNAM.

As one of MANNAM members (MANNAMERs), I will post about my life with MANNAM.

Today’s topic! NuRungJi (Crust of overcooked rice)
 
Nowadays, I found the value of the Nurungji. Have you ever tried it? No, have you ever heard about it? Of course not. Nurungji is the traditional food of Korea. Actually it is not a food; it is a kind of snack. Nurungji is a crust of overcooked rice. To make Nurungji, You just overcooked when you make rice. Then, the bottom side will be overcooked and become scorched. That scorched part is the Nurungji. There are various ways to eat Nurungji. We can eat Nurungji itself. We can boil Nurungji with water. We can fry Nurungji and sprinkle sugar over it. We can drink Sungnyung (Nurungji water) also. Isn’t it surprising? Actually I have no idea about Nurungji but today night, eating Nurungji, I feel something different. Nurungji is just rice. Only thing that I can do is overcooking. But whole taste is changed by that overcooking and sometimes it is more popular than usual rice.
 
    < Homemade Nurungji :P >

The thing that I found from Nurungji is this. There are many kinds of rice, and Nurungji is one of them. But many people like (including me :P) Nurungji more than just normal rice. In this context I’ve come to think that MANNAM is like a Nurungji. MANNAM is a volunteering association. There are many volunteering associations like rice! But MANNAM is special like Nurungji. Nurungji becomes special because of overcooking. MANNAM becomes special because of the eagerness of the MANNAM members. The eagerness of the members fired MANNAM (!?! Can you understand my words? Haha) and make it special. Like Nurungji can be cooked in different ways, MANNAM has been doing various jobs. MANNAM volunteered in various places and host big peace festival.
 
It looks plausible isn’t it :P? At first, I concern about that what if people think that it is bad metaphor? But soon, I changed my mind. It is my blog. I can write anything that I can want to write. Tonight, I can understand the people who do blog. It’s a good way to express my thoughts!
 
Anyway,
MANNAM is Nurungji. And I like Nurungji. So I like MANNAM.
Hahahahahahah ;P

2 comments:

  1. traditional korean food scorched!! looks like a really delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comparing MANNAM as Nurungji as MANNAM is brilliant idea. hehe
    Iagree that MANNAM is like a Nurungji:)

    ReplyDelete