Friday, March 29, 2013

TRACE OF MANNAM _ 66th National Liberation Day Celebration

MANNAM



When Light meets Light there is Victory



This blog will save my memory with MANNAM.

As one of MANNAM members (MANNAMERs), I will post about my life with MANNAM.

 
 
 
 
66th National Liberation Day celebration
 
 
  In Korea, there are several national holidays; New Years day, Chuseok, the anniversary of the Independence Movement of March 1st etc. Among them, for me, the most important day is National Liberation Day of Korea!!! Why? Because that Day is my birthday :P (I'm very proud of it. Many people who are born in August 15th will agree with me haha) So, many of my friends couldn't forget my birthday. In one part, my birthday is really good because many people can remember and celebrate my birthday. However in another part, my birthday is not good because it is national holiday and I can't go school on that day. (It means I can't have happy birthday party in school ;( ) 
 
  So, today's topic is National Liberation Day of Korea!!! Especially the festival held by MANNAM celebrating 66th National Liberation Day. Below is the introduction of 66th National Liberation Day of MANNAM (from mannamintl.org )
 
   "Among many 66th National Liberation Day celebrations, a festival with the hope of world peace and remembering the true meaning of the restoration of light was held on Aug. 15th, 2011. The global festival was hosted by MANNAM Volunteer Association (hereafter MANNAM) inviting ambassadors of different countries, distinguished guests and foreigners to Yongsan War Memorial.
The 4th National Patriotic Citizen’s Festival expressed special love for its country and people as well as its special volunteer spirit. The event not only served to celebrate the independence of Korea and wishing for a quick reunification of the two Koreas, but also as a global festivity where the light of peace is shed on the war-filled world.
 
 
 
<66th National Liberation Day Celebration of MANNAM>

 Like the word “the restoration of light,” foreigners from all over the world participated in the event celebrating the returned light of Korea by singing the Korean national anthem. The event brought everyone at the scene together. Moreover, as the title of the event suggested “World Peace, Festival of the Victory of the Restoration of Light,” the event started with the commemorative ceremony of the National Liberation day. The day continued with various performances, cultural booths, Korean and other countries’ traditional booths and more.
During the closing ceremony, there was a laser show where a small beam of light enters and enlightens the entire world, expressing the true meaning of the restoration of light."

 
 
  Although I couldn't go this festival but I'm sure it must be really amazing. Why? Because It was held by MANNAM :D !
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Korea liberated already
    How could'm sorry to hear that.
    Encounter a really good job
    Is a lot of that place.
    South Korea are meeting
    I must thank you to the group.
    Good in the world, South Korea
    Junee says to change the image

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much to the activities of the world to pray for peace meeting.

    Meet the victory of light and light!!

    MANNAM fighting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete